Widener University School of Nursing – Founders Hall
The classic style of Widener’s New Nursing School was developed during an initial design competition. Tevebaugh Architecture designed a traditional limestone building as the focal transition between the original 1868 campus and the contemporary campus to the west. With entrances on both sides, the 35,000 SF building becomes the new gateway to the University.
The building was chosen as the winning design for its contextual placement & quality appearance. The building was noted for its reduction of mass and scale by the use of sloping roofs at the third floor. The building contains a 160 seat lecture hall, eight simulation labs, three major classrooms & offices for faculty & administration. This design build project has achieved LEED Silver Certification.
|Project Services||Master Planning & Design
|Project Awards||William H. Bates Memorial Award
Planning Commission Outstanding